Saturday 4 February 2012

cupcaked bath bombs and fresh sage infused for customised shampoo



Walked into a Java store near me and saw this wonderful array of cupcake bath bombs.  Saw them, instantly drawn to them.  The awesome snowman cupcake was described as creme brulee and the pink cupcake with fruity flowers is strawberry,  both delicously scented and looks and smells good enough to eat!!  And according to a sales advisor customers have been known to take bites out of these scrummy looking cup cakes and put them back on the shelf.  Having the foresight and knowledge that they are in fact soap for the bath, not been tempted to eat them myself..  Can't wait till I am at the stage of my holistic skincare course so I can make my own.  Something i have made successfully though is...............and not visually exciting as these cupcakes is....................

A sage infused shampoo for normal to dry hair.  Using a sage infusion made using fresh sage leaves and mild baby shampoo as a base with one drop of benzoin as a preservative.  I have to wash my hair more often as to be expected with a mild shampoo but I love the fact I can choose which herbal infusion I add.  I keep it in the fridge to prolong shelf life, a minor snag is don't yet know  how long it will keep  till I am forced to make a fresh batch.  The wonderful thing  with making my own herbal shampoo is the fact I can choose which herb I want for each new batch I make,  Experimenting is so much fun!!!!  I would love to make comfrey or marshmallow herbal shampoo next.


No comments:

Post a Comment