Monday 27 February 2012

Honey and cuucumber facial toner


I adore honey and so did a search on the internet for ideas to use honey in a skincare recipe.  found several. This one I discovered on honey.com.  This one  I made up and am currently using - a cucumber and honey toner.  I took a cucumber and put it through a juicer to extract the juices, I  stirred in 2 teaspoons of honey, using a funnel I poured it into a salad oil bottle with a stopper which I bought especially to store the toner.  This needs to be kept in the fridge and keeps for up to a week. It needs to be shaken before use but leaves a nice feel to the skin.   I have found after adding one drop of benzoin to help preserve it mine has kept almost 2 weeks. Be aware benzoin can cause a reaction to some peoples skin. Labelling of bottle is essential, particularly if you share the fridge with others


No comments:

Post a Comment